THE LAYERS OF HYDRO+
The layers of Hydro+ are applied to both sides of the lens. The different layers of Hydro+ are highlighted in the diagram below:
Hydro+ has all the benefits of our a premium lens coating with a truly remarkable resistance to smudging and smearing. By effectively filling in the gaps that exist naturally between the molecules on the top layer of an AR coating, a completely smooth, flawless surface is created that does not collect dirt or dust particles.
The extra two layers of Hydro+ include an oleophobic layer to repel oils and a super-hydrophobic layer to repel water. In extensive tests, a lens with Hydro+ coating has proved to be up to eight times easier to clean.
KEY BENEFITS OF HYDRO+ COATING:
- Enhanced UV protection (up to 380nm)
- Eliminates reflections (front and back)
- Guaranteed durability
- Repels grease, grime and dust
- Ultimate scratch resistance
- Exceptional clarity due to 99% light transmission
- Resistance to oils due to the oleophobic layer
- Water repellent due the super-hydrophobic layer
- Prolonged lifespan of the lens.